State positions have been filled, but keep your resume current and check back to this page for updates! We will post job opportunities as they become known to us.
Please note: though the state hiring events have passed, some positions may still be open from time to time. Visit the NM Workforce Connection website to search the jobs database, build your resume, and to find information on benefits, upcoming events, and more.
*All job listings posted below are outdated, but we are leaving them up as examples of the types of positions that may become available. The contact information listed may also be of use to you.*
Job Announcement: Outdoor Educator
Year-round, Full-time (part-time may be considered)
This staff position is with Tryfacta Staffing (a contract employment agency) and is not City of Albuquerque employment.
Albuquerque is a multi-cultural community including but not limited to, Hispanic/LatinX, Muslim, Asian- American, Native American/Indigenous, and Black/African-American peoples. We strongly encourage underrepresented groups in the career field of parks and outdoor education to apply.
We seek a candidate with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, with experience working with broadly diverse communities. Applicants who can also speak Spanish, Diné, Chinese Mandarin, Swahili, Vietnamese, Arabic, Dari, or Pashto are especially encouraged to apply.
· Attend Open Space Education Program trainings and Division trainings
· Team-teach with Rio Grande Community Farm Educator the Farm in Your Neighborhood program for youth ages 6-9 at Los Poblanos Fields Open Space.
· Solo-teach with Youth Leader present the Nature in Your Neighborhood program for youth ages 6-9 at various City Community Centers.
· Work as part of a team to implement various community events on public lands and public facilities.
· Prepare, organize, and re-inventory education materials and supplies.
· Work to ensure a safe and student-centered learning environment.
· Communicate effectively with co-workers, program participants and the general public.
· Team-teach with Open Space Educator—Explorer Camps for youth ages 6-9 and Outdoor Field School for youth ages 10-14 at Open Space Visitor Center.
· Solo-teach with Classroom Teacher present—Open Space school group programming that takes place as outreach into schools and at various Major Public Open Space properties.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Two years of college coursework
· Three years of outdoor recreation, education, school or community program experience
· Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year-for-year basis
· Passion for the outdoors
· Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, work outdoors in various weather, and hike up to 2.5 miles
Requirements for Employment:
· Pass a background check, drug test, and possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
· Must have or be willing to obtain a New Mexico Driver’s License and City Operator’s Permit (COP) to be able to drive a City vehicle for program work.
Office location: Open Space Visitor Center, 6500 Coors NW, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Work location: Various public lands, schools, libraries, and community centers throughout Albuquerque
Pay rate: $17.55 per hour, 40 hours a week, paid City Holidays, sick leave accrual through Tryfacta Staffing
Application deadline: open until filled
To apply, email resume and three references to:
Jessica Sapunar-Jursich, Open Space Education Supervisor at email@example.com
Questions: Email Jessica or call (505) 768-4959